This one of a kind treasure was carefully designed and beautifully crafted over several years as renowned architect John Simon Sabatino's own personal residence. specifically sited with the purpose of capturing maximal light and an open flow throughout each of the 3 interconnected pavilion areas, Casa Mura artistically integrates the modern sun-filled style of the current residence, with the stunning stone walls, arches and garden structures of the historic mansion which once occupied this location. The current owners who have award winning landscape design expertise, have further enhanced the breathtaking grounds, specimen plantings and perennial flower beds, so they are fully and immediately visible from the interior spaces. Interior spaces include 10' ceilings with white walls and millwork, large bright windows at every turn, light oak floors, spacious rooms with a wonderful open flow internally and reaching out to the stunning outdoor spaces, great room with fireplace, dining room opening up to a shared screened porch with the great room, large white kitchen with breakfast table area, first floor laundry, large first floor master suite with private views, his and hers walk- in closets and marble bathroom, 3 second floor bedroom suites with 2 additional full baths, partially finished basement and more. This completely private oasis is just minutes from the charming town of Chestnut Hill with all of it's wonderful shops, restaurants, hubs of transportation and easy access to Center City Philadelphia, trains and the airport. Move right in!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary, 2 Story
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Public Wa
Mason, Other Construction
6,292 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Cable TV, Electric service available
The School District Of Philadelphia
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Storage, Library, Mud Room, Florida Room, Breakfast Room
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Microwave, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Cook Top Range, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Marble, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric
- Oil, Hot Water. Radiant.
- Full, Heated, Partially Finished
- Double Pane, Casement, Palladian Windows
- 2. Wood-burning.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- 24 Hour Security, Main Entrance Locked, Monitor System, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Curved Stair, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Skylight, Wood Floors, Fire Alarm System, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Paved Driveway.
- Asphalt, Pitched
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Scenic, Trees/Woods
- Lot Dimensions
- 230.34 x 145.00
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Street Lights, Landscaped, Back Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Level, Open, Partly Wooded, Private, Rear Yard, Trees/Wooded, Vegetation Planting.
- Community Amenities
- Common Grounds
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price