RSA-3 Zoning. Excellent condition. PARKING FOR 10+ CARS on 150 foot drive way! PLENTY OF ROOM IN THE BACKYARD FOR VERY LARGE ADDITIONS or a POOL. Views of Center City, Walking distance to the Boulevard, Shopping Malls, Public Transportation, etc. Highest rated schools, lowest crime rate in Philadelphia, low taxes. Size is 1250 inside + 800 basement = 1850 sq ft total inside + 400 2nd building + 4,138 land. Lot size is 33FT(W) x 150FT(L). New Gas Heater Dec 2015. New paint everywhere every 3 months. Except for the 3 rooms of marble & tile, all the other "floors" & "steps" are stained high gloss real original wood including many "ceilings" such as: (1) the basement utility room stained wood ceilings, + (2) Stained wood ceilings in the Sun Room / Porch, + (3) Stained wood ceilings in the Attic + (4) Stained wood ceilings in the 2nd building. No carpets anywhere, real red marble kitchen floor, soap stone back splash and slate kitchen countertop. Bath Tub & Surround is all one (1) piece, so NO caulk anywhere, never any mold. New colonial decorative window trim & new colonial 6" baseboards everywhere. Crown modeling & chair rail molding w/ solid wood beaded stained wall paneling in the porch. Outdoors under the siding is plastic bubble wrap insulator we added in 2004. The 2nd building inside has 4x4 structural beams painted white high-gloss framing, + high gloss orange / yellow walls & wood stained ceilings again with electricity inside & outside. Additionally, There is a large storage area behind the 2nd building. Curb traps & vent pipe on both the storm & sewer vent lines under the sidewalk were replaced April 26, 2021. On the same week in 2021, Gas lines under curb for the entire property were checked by PGW with compressed air. August 2021, sewer + storm drains under the driveway & basement were replaced. Additionally, in 2021 the property had a treatment for termites good for 10 years. Zoned RSA-3 and that can be changed through a Court Process if needed. L&I said they would approve a zoning change to "C" commercial, because of a grandfather clause on the street, though you should call them 1st and tell them what type of business you want to put there. They'll say no to high traffic retail, but yes to a business with low visitors; such as a Lawyer, Insurance Company, Accountant, Real Estate Company, or similar, etc. Business street signage can be erected upon a community process. The community needs to approve your new street sign design & words. Values increased greatly in this zip code since COVID 19, as a lot of people moved out of Center City apartment buildings and into singles. In 2021, this building was 1 of 60 businesses in Philadelphia that competed in the Philadelphia Flower Show's "Bloom Philly Contest" which raises awareness to the upcoming main event, the largest & oldest Flower Show in America, ...thus explaining the 200 landscaping photos which show the 260 nursery pots surrounding the property landscaping. Great for a business that wants to put up a street sign, since drive by traffic is 20,000 cars a day, as according to the reports. Your basically buying Commercial, but paying a Residential Mortgage % Rate. As an example at 3.25% with 10% down, your payments are $1,400 a month. This is much cheaper than a retail store lease on Grant Ave., and this property is 10 times larger than the average stores on this street. This property is priced $250k to $500k less than the "commercials" sold on Castor Ave & Bustleton Ave. This is much larger, and in a better neighborhood. There is plenty of room to build a very large addition in the backyard.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, A-Frame, 2 Story
Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Community Wate
1,650 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Cable TV, Onsite Telephone, Electric service available
The School District Of Philadelphia
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Foyer, Utility Room, Florida Room
- Hookups in Basement
- Range/Oven Built-in, Electric Dryer, Dryer, Energy Star Appliance(S), Washer, Dishwasher, Freezer, Refrigerator, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Self-Cleaning Oven, Single Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Appliance Center, Stove, Stacked Washer/Dryer
- Hardwood, Marble, Ceramic Tile
- Window Air Conditioning, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat. Forced Air, Central.
- Partial, Heated, Entrance Outside, Poured, Space For Rooms, Workshop
- Double Pane, Screened, Vinyl Frame
- 2+ Access Exits J, 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls, Vehicle Transfer Area, Main Level Entry.
- Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Alarm, Monitor System
- Additional Interior Features
- Air Filter, Crown Molding, Wood Floors, Fire Alarm System
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. Street Parking, Driveway, Unpaved.
- Asphalt, Pitched
- Lot Dimensions
- 33.10 x 125.00
- Chain Link
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Playground, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Back Yard, Front Yard, Landscaped, Side Yard, Trees. Rear Yard, Front Yard, Landscaping, Partly Wooded, Sideyard(S), Subdivision Possible, Cleared, Open, Private, Level, Trees/Wooded, Vegetation Planting.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price